Day 3 started with a trip to the Temple Of Heaven. It's actually a series of ancient temples that have been restored and enclosed within a very large park, similar to Golden Gate Park
If you want the history, go checkout the Wikipedia article, because I have since forgotten it all. I think the neatest part of the park was the sheer number of locals who come to do their morning exercises, take singing lessons, play dominoes, dance, and a whole host of other social activities.
There was this one area I think called the Long Corridor that was one of the centers of the madness.
This was a group chinese flute lesson. Literally, a foot behind me there was a group singing lesson, and behind them was the big ol' hippie drum circle. I tried taking a picture of them too, but I drew lots of nasty glares.
This kid was super cute. He was jamming all over the place pulling his toy truck. Happy as a lark... Then he bailed, Yard Sale style. Then he was not so happy, but Mom was laughing.
Ok that's all for now, I need to board soon. But after the break, The Colonel, the Shark and the Starfish...
Nice flower photo!
ReplyDelete